HNA wishes everyone happy holidays. We will meet again in January 2024 at a social event. If you would like to help plan it during a brief Zoom meeting on December 12 at 6:45 p.m., please email us (HintgenNA@gmail.com) for access information
1. Yard signs in support of Hintgen School are now available. You can stop by the parking lot of the church across the street from the school at 2:45 to pick one up or reply to this email with your address and one will be dropped off (until they are gone). If you wish to contribute (NOT required!) make checks payable to Hintgen PTO.
2. From the La Crosse School District: You can now access the final Facility Advisory Committee report on the school district’s website. It’s essential to understand that while the FAC provides recommendations, the ultimate decisions rest with the district’s Board of Education. The final report, along with the district administration’s long-range facility plan and public comments, will be submitted to the Board of Education for consideration. Decisions by the Board could be made early in the new year.
For those interested, there will be opportunities for public comment regarding the final FAC report from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. on November 27 (virtual) and November 29 (in person at the Hogan Administrative Center.) To speak at the hearings, please register with the Secretary of the Board of Education during regular office hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday) by calling 608.789.7659 or emailing email@example.com. Registration must be completed before 4:00 p.m. on the day of the hearing. During registration, provide your name and the school district where you reside. Registered speakers will be allowed up to five (5) minutes to make their remarks.
3. The comment period for initial feedback for phase one of the update to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan is closing. Online input will be closing on Friday, November 24, 2023. You can learn more about the plan, the process, and how to provide your input at https://forwardlacrosse.org/ This is a city-wide plan and your comments can be about any place in the city you think is good or needs improvement for walking or biking safety, access, and comfort. They have added an AARP Walk Audit toolkit in case you would like to highlight a specific area that needs attention. Please finalize and submit it by Friday, November 24. If you need help with the online process, please reply to -his email or call 608-315-2693.
4. The city’s brush and yard waste site on Isle La Plume will close soon. There are four days remaining for you to take grass clippings, leaves, weeds, the tops of garden plants, and small brush to the site: this Saturday and Sunday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and the following Monday and Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The site will close for the season at the end of the day on Tuesday, November 21. For more information, visit https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/your-government/departments/refuse-recycling/collection-disposal-information/brush-yard-waste-site or call 608-789-7508.
5. Snow and ice season is coming and the city is rolling out information about its “Salting Smart” initiative and availability of salt/sand mixes. The less salt we spread, the better for pets, wildlife, plants, and waterways. Visit this page for information: https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/your-government/departments/parks-recreation-forestry/sustainability/winter-sustainable-initiatives If we have to spread salt, the city will be making a sand/salt mix available starting this Saturday at three locations: Fire Station 10 at 626 Monitor Street, Erickson Field parking lot (north end off of 21st Pl S), and the southeast corner of Hood St. and Marco Dr. Bring your own shovel/scoop and container. Learn more here: https://www.cityoflacrosse.org/your-government/departments/street/winter-operations
There will be a brief planning meeting for a January neighborhood event on Tuesday, December 12 from 6:45 to 7:00 p.m. on Zoom (you may dial in by phone). If you would like to help plan this event OR if you would just like to share an idea, please reply to this email or call 608-315-2693 for access information.
Recently we learned from city planner Tim Acklin that our projects (lighting and park updates) are a go and are in the system! Hooray!!
HINTGEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION – Would you like to be part of our neighborhood leadership team to help plan meetings and events? To learn more or volunteer, please reply to this email or call 608-315-2693 and leave a message for a call back.
The Hintgen Neighborhood Association meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Mormon Coulee Road & Birch Street.
Board: Co-Chair: Cathy Van Maren, Co-Chair: <vacant>, Secretary: <vacant>, Treasurer: <vacant>
View our organizing documents:
Diagonal Road to the North, to the East along the Railroad tracks along 29th Street South, to Holly Place, Broadview Place and Mormon Coulee Road to the South, and Losey Boulevard to the West.