Lower Northside and Depot
The purpose of Neighborhood Associations are to improve the overall experience for residents, property owners, businesses, organizations, educational institutions and guests that live in or visit our “Neighborhood”. Improvements can be facilitated through citizen participation, public education and the empowerment of the residents, property owners, businesses, organizations, educational institutions within our “Association” boundaries. We will accomplish this through collaboration with other “Neighborhood Associations”, the City of La Crosse, the State of Wisconsin and other organizations public and private that may be needed to reach our goals.
WAYS WE CAN ACCOMPLISHING OUR GOALS:
- Engage others with educational and charitable activities that enhance the prosperity, safety and overall quality of life in the community.
IMPROVE COMMUNITY SAFETY:
- Partnering with the City of La Crosse to increase safety and security and reduce incidents of crime in our neighborhood.
- Educating citizens, both member and non-members about environmentally friendly practices to improve the sustainability of our “Neighborhood”.
- Fostering activities that improve the quality and physical appearance of our “Neighborhood”.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND AMENITY IMPROVEMENTS:
- Planning effort and projects aimed at improving the existing infrastructure and amenities of the Neighborhood.
Promote collaboration between residents, businesses, educational institutions, organizations and government agencies to:
- Achieve mutual goals.
- Share ownership (Sense of Responsibility).
- Share concerns with each other.
- Create a shared vision of the future of our community.
- Strengthening the city by strengthening our neighborhood.
PROJECTS THAT ARE
CURRENTLY BEING PLANNED, WORKED ON or CONSULTED ON:
- Rose Street Pedestrian Crossing (In the area of the
Loggers Ball Field)
- Red Cloud Improvements
- Kane Street Garden Changes
We meet the 4th Wednesday of every month, at the Black River Beach Neighborhood Center, 1433 Rose St. and the meeting will begin at 6:30 pm.
SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS:
Facebook: Lower Northside Depot
Website (City): http://www.cityoflacrosse.org/planning/neighborhoods
Website (Official-Association): http://lowernorthsidedepot.com (coming soon)
Website (LCNI): http://lacrosseneighborhoods.org
Website (LCNI-LowerNorthside): http://lacrosseneighborhoods.org/lowernorthside
OUR ASSOCIATION BOUNDARIES ARE:
Donations are very much appreciated and help support the Association and its many projects.
Checks must be made out to LCNI/Lower Northside and Depot. If you would like your donations to be designated for a specific use, please note this on or with your donation. If you would like to mail in a donation, please send your donations to: Lower Northside and Depot, PO Box 1661, La Crosse, WI 54602-1661.
As a chapter of La Crosse Neighborhoods, Inc. (LCNI), donations to Lower Northside and Depot Neighborhood Association are tax deductible. Please note, your company may have a policy to match charitable contributions. Please check with your employer to see if they have a policy for matching contributions to the Lower Northside and Depot Neighborhood Association.
**Please note: For larger donations we can provide you a receipt for your donation so that you can use it as a tax deduction.
Swim (608) 785-1174
Co-Chair Sean Copus (608) 790-0007 email@example.com
2) Scott Neumeister (608) 792-2111 firstname.lastname@example.org
Councilmen (District 3) Barb Janssen (608) 317-4311 email@example.com
Planning Department Andrea Schnick (608) 789-8321 firstname.lastname@example.org
Renew Representative Kayha Fox (608) 785-2373 email@example.com